Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Analysis of Healthcare Facilities
Airflow patterns and the resulting flow path of airborne contaminants play a crucial role in the spread and accumulation of airborne pathogens and probable locations of surface deposition. The performance of the HVAC design depends on several factors such as the number, location, and type of supply diffusers; supply airflow rates (air change rates); supply air temperature, number, size, and locations exhaust grilles; locations and strengths of various heat sources in a room; layout of furniture; and importantly relative positions of contaminant sources in space.
Our proprietary CFD analysis procedures help our clients to optimize HVAC performance to minimize the spread of airborne contaminants while maintaining the desired therapeutic conditions including the thermal comfort of the occupants.
AnSights into Healthcare Facilities
We provide insights into
- Airflow patterns
- Temperature distribution
- Contaminant concentration
- Flow path of airborne pathogens
- Thermal comfort of occupants (ASHRAE Standard 55)
- Displacement ventilation
- Active chilled beams
- Radiant heating and cooling
- Design optimization of the operating and isolation rooms
- Performance optimization of ante (airlock) rooms
- Plume dispersion from hospital stack exhaust and cooling tower exhaust
- Smoke propagation and management in hospital atria
Looking for CFD services for Healthcare Facilities?
We have several years of experience in providing optimized solutions for a wide variety of engineering problems involving fluid flow, heat transfer, mass transfer, and other similar engineering processes. If you are looking for an expert who can provide you the right solution with the expert CFD knowledge, feel free to contact us.