Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Analysis of Data Centers
Air is the primary carrier of heat in data centers, and therefore, airflow management is crucial in determining the cooling performance and energy efficiency of data centers. Among various means of lowering the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of data centers, airflow management is the essential component.
Data Hall CFD Analysis
Our proprietary CFD analysis procedures help our clients in optimizing the cooling performance of data centers. Our analyses help identify and mitigate hot spots and meet the thermal requirements of servers. Our CFD analysis services help optimize a variety of data center configurations such as raised floor and flat floor data centers with and without containment systems. We help compare the performance of fabric ducts and developed design strategies for optimum layout.
Plume Dispersion from Data Center Equipment Yard
Analysis of plume dispersion from the equipment yard is essential to optimize the performance of air-cooled condensers, generators, and cooling towers. Entrainment of exhaust plumes into the air intakes can deteriorate the cooling performance of data centers. After analyzing the surrounding wind patterns, we help optimize the layout of various equipment in the yard.
AnSights into Data Centers
We provide insights into
- Airflow and cooling performance for data centers.
- Optimization of data center server rack layout.
- Airflow and thermal management within server cabinets.
- Cooling performance of chimney rack cabinets.
- Optimization of hot and cold aisle containment.
- Cooling performance with flexible fabric ducts.
- Optimization of rack thermal mass during the power shutdown.
- Server performance during cooling failure.
- Generator exhaust plume dispersion.
- Performance of air-cooled chillers under windy conditions.
- Cooling tower plume dispersion.
- Equipment yard layout optimization.
Looking for CFD services for Data Centers?
We have several years of experience in providing optimized solutions for a wide variety of engineering problems involving fluid flow, heat transfer, mass transfer, and other similar engineering processes. If you are looking for an expert who can provide you the right solution with the expert CFD knowledge, feel free to contact us.
Check other related links
Our publications on Data Centers
Our presentations on various CFD topics